Week 3 in the new year already! Amazing how time flies. Although it’s been Winter for some time now, we are having our first real cold spell, though it seems it will be much warmer again over the weekend. I guess we are lucky, I heard on the news there was a monster storm approaching America’s East Coast with loads of snow. Scary!
- We always love planning and mapping out our next holiday, two weeks ago I asked you about insider tips for Chicago, this week for St. Louis. If you have some tips to add, then please. Everything is fine, from nature to shops and things to eat. I know we can check them out on TripAdvisor (and we do) but it’s much more fun to hear from one of you who has actually been there! In the next few weeks the route will take form, can you guess what the next destination will be?
- This week was one of playing Persona 4 Golden for me, and having a blast of a time with it. I had no idea that there was more to the game then just fighting. You will find my first thoughts on the game here. Other then that I didn’t get much gaming in, I’m sure trying to remedy that this weekend.
- Yesterday Moco Moco Friends on the 3DS was released in the European eShop, I’ve already played the game on my American 3DS, and quite enjoyed it. Yes, it’s cheerful and happy, and the battle system is good. I was lucky to get some download codes, one for each region. So if you want to compete for one, just subscribe to ladiesgamers.com and tell me if you want to compete for the American, European or Australian/New Zealand version. You will find more details of the giveaway here.
- Finally, Minecraft: Story Mode for the Wii U has been released yesterday in the eShop. The game is the first title from developer Telltale Games to make it to the Wii U. Minecraft: Story Mode episode one, The Order of the Stone, costs $4.99 (or € 4,99 in Europe). You can also get a season pass to get all five episodes.
- Both Bokujou Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shin Tench (or Story of Seasons over here) and Rune Factory 4 will be re-released on 7 April complete with an added guidebook. Nice! I guess this is to celebrate their anniversary. Story of Seasons will be ¥5,400 whilst Rune Factory 4 will be ¥5,616. I wonder if the guidebooks will reach us too?
- We’ve talked here about Dragon Quest Builders before, anticipating it coming to the 3DS. But it’s already available as a demo on PS4 and PS Vita. This game which promises to have a lot of Minecraft elements really has my interest. But to be able to play the demo, you’d have to have a Japanese PSN account. The full game will be available in Japan on January 28, 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. No dates yet for the Western release.
Thanks for the chat, I guess this is it for now, let’s do this again next week! Same time same place?
On your trip, here’s my guess: are you going to make a U-turn and head for Graceland in Memphis? If so, you could check out Arkansas on your way. 🙂
Haha, Carrie, no more guesses for you! I know, you told me about Arkansas and the Ozark mountains..not sure if it fits anymore though. But I did check it out, it looks amazing!
Woo boy, like a random Internet Meme has said, Winter is coming. As someone living in Delaware, you’re lucky. Anyways, gaming news this week hasn’t really amused or excited me, as I don’t care about Minecraft: Story Mode, or Dragon Quest Builders (Though I’m a fan of the main series games.) Glad that your gaming week is going strong with your new-found love for Persona 4 Golden!
Is it just me or is the gaming news kind of flat these past few weeks? That is, if you’re not into Mario or Splatoon!
Are you expecting the snowstorm in Delaware too? I guess so, I seem to remember the storm heading towards your vicinity. Good luck!
Yeah. Though I’m sad that the Splatoon DLC ended.
Yeah, it’s the morning of the 23rd over here, so, yeah. There’s one foot of snow outside and it’s still snowing. So far, the power’s still on, thankfully.
Let’s hope the power stays on! At least be sure you have your gaming devices charged (along with other necessities of course…)
I think I remember you mentioning Gatlinburg, however, I don’t know if it is your next destination? We live 183 Miles from Gatlinburg. BTW, we have snow on the ground where I live and more is coming down.
Yes, you are right. I heard the snow storm reaches into Tennessee too, I hope the weather stays kind for you.
It is worsening. 26 degrees feels like 13. Wind gusts at 22 mph.
How much snow is there on the ground now? That’s some strong wind, be safe, alright?
The snow slowed down in about an hour and then the sun came out! But the winds persisted. Now it is just cold. 27 degrees with 18 mph wind. Tomorrow the high is going to be 50. Crazy weather.
Although I enjoy dungeon crawling the non-fighting parts are what I enjoyed most about Persona 4.
Exactly, and I didn’t expect that at all!
I featured you in Tuesday Chatter 13 – http://amanpan.com/2016/02/02/tuesday-chatter-13/
Thank you so much, I feel so honored!
You are quite welcome. I love your site since you changed it to org.
I’m glad all work hasn’t been for nothing!
Was it worth it to switch to org?
Well, yes, but I did see a dip in my number of visitors. Probaby to do with the way search machines work..But other then that, well worth the liberty of designing!