Glad that we are finally able to sit down and catch up, it’s been a busy week. Lots of things to do after work at night. Fun things, but still, that means less time to sit down with you. But, here we are! Tell me, how was your week? I think I’m going to splurge and get myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte. What can I get you?
- Yesterday evening was crazy: here I was, with my laptop in front of me playing Nintendo Directs’ European broadcast. My iPad next to it with my ear phones, playing the American broadcast. And me keeping an eye on both to see all the news, jotting it down frantically. Because although the news is similar most of the time, there are differences between European and American releases. Molding it into an article afterward, it was quite late before I was able to turn in. Of course I didn’t catch it all, but I did manage to capture all the news that is of interest to my readers, or so I think! One is about a game I’m not playing myself, Super Mario Maker, but Nintendo has made one more step towards going mobile with supportive apps: they’ve made a portal site, that you can access on your pc of smartphone, to select course to play when you have time to sit down with the game. Interesting move! Here’s the wrap-up.
- The segment about Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival in the Direct got my attention. It would seem that the game on the WiiU has more to it then just the board game element. Desert Island Escape looks promising as far as I’m concerned. Three characters team up and survive the wilds of an uncharted island long enough to gather the materials necessary to build a boat and escape. Each character has their own set of strengths and weaknesses, which I guess we can already see on the Amiibo cards. I’d have to see it to know if it’s big enough to warrant me buying the game though, nice news nonetheless.
- This past week we had the Glow Festival here in my home town, it’s a huge success once again. A large part of the downtown area is closed off after dark for cars, so I was glad that I always bike to the railway station. Every night it’s one big traffic jam, and me biking home, overtaking the row of cars easily, without delays or stress. Here’s one of the pictures we’ve taken, I’ve put a bit more here.
- Next Tuesday is a busy day in 3DS gaming: on November 17th Stella Glow and Moco Moco friends are being released in the US. I’ve written about both before. I wasn’t sure if I would go for Stella Glow, so many games and so little time! But NintendoLife.com gives the game a 9 out of 10 in review. Wow! That doesn’t happen all that often, maybe I will have to reconsider!
- Some exiting things are in the works for this website. On the one hand I get to review some games for the Vita because a friend was kind enough to lend me some titles (thanks, Nadia!) and the very first guest blog will be appearing here soon. And all the while this website gives me heaps of fun and energy. Enough energy to take on next week. See you then!
Yes, I will join you with the Pumpkin Spiced Latte. The Glow Festival seems to be a major event and lots of fun.
They are nice, aren’t they? The famous brand sells them over here too, but normally way too costly for me. But I guess they feel they can, as there are only a few of their shops all over our country.