We had a gorgeous day out here in the Netherlands today, it started out near to freezing and turned into a cold but very sunny day. Lovely, I wish the entire Winter could be like this, instead of all the rain we’ve seen up till now. And even better, it makes you feel as if Spring is just around the corner. How’s your weather, still deep into the land of the Winter King, or are you already seeing the first signs of Spring too? We have lots and lots of daffodils already in the communal parks in town, always a very welcome sight! Well, here’s your cuppa, lets look at last weeks news.
- An important week for me in terms of game releases. The first one that was a must buy for me Popolocrois, a Story of Seasons Fairytale. I already had it in Japanese, but it’s such a nice RPG that I wanted to be able to read the storyline too, as it is quite sweet. The game has been released on the 3DS in Europe and Australia, America will follow on March 1st. If you are looking to pick up a good RPG, you will have fun. But don’t think the Story of Seasons content (in the way of farming) is as deep as in a real Harvest Moon game.
- Another big release, though I won’t be buying it, is Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, that’s released in Europe today and Australia tomorrow. America has had the game for some time now, since November 20th. Now I really like Pokémon games, the main game series and the Ranger games, but somehow I was never able to get into these spin-off series. Funny thing is that I wish I could, they look so happy and vibrant. Will you be picking it up, or have you already if you’re in America?
- Today is the released for Fire Emblem Fates on the 3DS too, in America. (No release-date for Europe yet). This is a game I will surely get, but I think I will have to exercise some patience. Even I have my limits in gaming backlog that I can bear, lol. Still, Awakening is one of my favourite games that’s always a reference for any strategy game I pick up. As I’ve already mentioned in this article you can choose between two versions, Birthright and Conquest. If you have trouble deciding, like me, here’s a flowchart to guide you:
- The pre-register for My Nintendo Account was opened this week, as well as pre-registering for Miitomo. (more info here) Now I know a lot of Nintendo fans feel like they don’t want anything to do with mobile gaming. But I don’t think we can even describe Miitomo as gaming. From what I read its more of a social experience, chatting and visiting with your friends. Whether they are real life friends or friends on social media. I have high hopes this will replace Swapnote that is so sorely missed!
- Enough for now I guess. I had a great gaming week, still playing Persona 4 Golden on my vita. On my way back from work yesterday I managed to slay Mitsuo in the Void Quest, after 1,5 hours of battling. What a good feeling to walk away victorious! So I think I’ll go back to some gaming, instead of spending my free day cleaning! Goodbye my friend, will we have coffee again next week?
I really want to play Fire Emblem. It’s really lame that there isn’t even a release date for Europe.
I don’t understand either. It seems release dates are so weird these days. Like Yokai watch, not releasedate for Europe. And Style Boutique, not even a word if it will be released at all in the US!
Is Popolocrois similar to Rune Factory but with turn-based battles instead of one-on-one combat? Or does it have less farming simulation than Rune Factory also? I’m still undecided about buying it.
From what I’ve seen in the Japanese version, it’s more a turn based RPG then a farming game. Less farming then in Rune Factory. But I’ll play some more in the English version to tell you more!
My PSMD copy has been despatched. I will def get Popolo at some point. Have pre-ordered FF Fates CE. Have done pre-reg for new My Nintendo account. Do much happening! So many great games coming out for 3DS!
Too much for a poor gamer with loads of backlog! Well, I have an American 3DS so I’ll be downloading it there. Could do it today, but I’ve got so many good games going already! Where to find the time!
I am very fortunate; the weather here is warm/hot year round. I love it. 🙂