Story of Seasons is finally close to release, it will be released in the US on March 31st. I’ve really been looking forward to this game, I enjoyed Harvest Moon: A New Beginning very much back then. It was my main reason for buying an American 3DS at the time, because these games always take a really long time to be released in Europe. For a lot of people it might get a bit confusing: there has been a Harvest Moon: the Lost Valley, released in November 2014. But that was an entire new series, the one that’s being released next week is the true successor to A New Beginning, just under another name. If you want to read why the names are so confusing, check out my earlier article here.
I haven’t read up a lot about the game on purpose. All I know is that:
- It has streetpass functionality. The people you meet will be characters in your game.
- There’s wifi functionality. You can help others with their farming chores and trade items
- This game will have some special animals to take care of too, like Angora Rabbits.
- You will have a Safari Park next to your farm for more exotic animals
- There is a Trade Station set up in the game where all of the in-game countries will visit and set up store. It will unlock new things, and the Trade Station will also have requests from countries.
For me, that’s enough to know now, I don’t want to know any more, as I want to experience it all myself. But, if you want to check it out to have some fun ahead of release, feel free to this tutuorial trailer about building, trading with other countries and multiplayer.