Had to go mining today for my assignment in Writing101 today, mining for inspiration in my own backlog of drafts and scribbles. I didn’t have to look far, because I still had an award waiting for the right time to claim it! I was surprised by Deepikaburly, who blogs at The Idler Channel with the Infinity Dreams Award. Sounds good to me, everlasting dreams!
In turn I would like the nominate other people’s blogs for the The Infinity Dreams Award:
A Reading Writer, Rosema writes stories straight from the heart.
Gina Blue, who invites you to come along to endless, magical places
JessCombs.com, aspiring author, nutty knitter, manic mom and gamer girl
Rae Noble, this time a blog on Tumblr. She is crazy about Magicians Quest and Happy Home Designer, and has a treasure of in game pictures!
AnkleRocker, who blog on Tumblr too. Crazy about video games and comics since 1983!
Check them out, they are each unique!
The award calls for my answering 11 questions, so here they are:
1.If you get a chance to take out one word from the Oxford (or any other) dictionary, what would that word be? Answering this question isn’t as easy as it sounds, especially since English isn’t my native language. The answer in the Dutch language would be “vrouwtje” meaning as much as little wifey in English. I absolutely hate it how some men tend to refer to their spouse in this way. Must be the feminist in me that so totally rejects the way it sounds disrespectful and derogatory. So I’d scratch that word, forbidding people to ever use it again!
2. Do wishes come true? I guess that depends on what you wish? Wishes can be small, can be as little as wanting the have the perfect companionable and cozy evening together with your loved ones. So yes, wishes do come true, but most of the time, I’m a firm believer in making your own choices and influencing what you make out of live.
3. Has trusting another ever taken a toll on you or has it been awarding? (you can answer with just “taken a toll” or “awarding”) Trusting people has been awarding for me most of the time. There have been a few times that I was disappointed, and for me that means I will never, ever let that person come close anymore.
4. If you could meet one person from any period in history, who would it be? I would have liked to meet Tolkien, what a brilliant mind to come up with such wonderful books!
5. Out of a scrapbook of personal memories, a handwritten book of stories and the last ever published copy of your favourite novel, what’s that one thing you’d save, had your house or any space you keep these stuff in, was burning down? The scrapbook of personal memories, no doubt! Reminds me that I have to make sure my external hard drive, with thousands of pictures on it, is stored fire proof!
6. What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I say the word ‘Candle’? December month, early evenings, dark and cold outside, cosy in our large kitchen, little candles alight on the long table, sitting companionably together.
7. How would you spend a typical weekday? My typical weekday is a working day. I commute to work,
8. If there’s one ‘Why?’ you’d want to ask the universe, what’s it about? Why are so many wonderful and good people taken from this world much too soon?
9. “Writing can help revive life” – what or who would you want to revive with your writing? I think writing can revive imaginations!
10. Would you want to or have you ever published a novel. What’s that about? It would be a fantasy story with a dash of humor in it!
11. Words are MAGIC!
Congrats on your award!
Congratulations on your award. I love your answers to the questions.
Thank you! I still have the award you gave me waiting to be written about, I wanted to give them both a blog of their own!!
I still have one to write about also. We will get to them eventually.
Another award, congratulations!