For the past year I have been blogging avidly, and in that time I have seen a lot of other blogs, and have exchanged comments with a lot of other bloggers. I’ve found it a nice world to be in, generally people are kind and interested. To unite bloggers awards have been developed as a way of getting bloggers to introduce other interesting sites, and to call attention to their own site. Recently I received a nomination for one of those rewards, the Liebster Award. And now I’m just as proud to get the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, kindly given to me by ReenPower of the blog Nerd Narration. If you haven’t done so yet, you should check out her blog, she has a unique perspective of looking at all things gaming, movies, comics books and all kinds of other geeky pleasures..
The rules of the Dragon’s Loyalty Award are that I get to tell you 7 things about myself that I haven’t already shared with you, and I get to nominate other bloggers for this award.
So a bit more about myself:
- ReenPower didn’t know this, but I’m a big fan of Dragons. A lot of the books I read are about dragons, somehow the animals seem so majestic and so magical! So the award is very appropriate. The Pennykettle dragons (from the Last Dragon Chronicles) come to mind, and the much darker Dragon Kaan in the books about The Raven (James Barclay).
- When it was time to choose a career for myself when I was 18 years old, I decided I wanted to be a vet, for pets and small animals. It never happened, as I didn’t get the winning ticket to go to the vetinary university. The number of placements were severely limited, and you literally took part of a sort of lottery for a placement.
- From the age of 21 I decided to do all my reading in English. Not because I wanted to be fluent in that language, but because at the time paperback books in English were cheaper to buy then the same book in Dutch! The first English books were from the television series North & South.
- Aside from gaming, most of the money I spend goes into holidays in the US. I already told you about our love for Orlando (and Disney World) and a couple of years ago we made our first trip through California. Trips visiting the Eastern states, and a trip through the mid-West followed. And for this holiday, we will be visiting Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.
- From the first money I earned doing a job during my summer vacation I bought myself a dog. We always had dogs when I was growing up, and even though I still lived at home, it was important to me to have my own dog. So I bought my first Yorkie, named Tara.
- In the Netherlands one of the most used vehicles is a bike, almost all Dutch people own one. To get from my home to the railway station to catch the train to work, I ride my bike!
- Even though I live with my husband and my teenage daughter, I am the one that plays the most video games by far!
Enough about me, now for the nominations I want to make for my fellow bloggers. I’ve chosen blogs that I haven’t recommended yet in the Liebster award, wanted to spread the love! Have fun reading them!
- Iloveclover. A blog by Emilee Gibo that is fresh, young and about the everyday life of a teenage girl that adores her dog.
- Twenty47Nerd, a blog made by Kressa, who is a gamer, blogger and self professed geek, with a special love for Animal Crossing games.
- Holesinmysocks. If you want to read about something else then gaming, dive into the world of this “father to a six year old princess and husband to a cake pop making hottie” Everyday life stories and observations, always a joy to read.
- The Chipper Zone: Abigail’s outlook on life, or as she describes it herself: “I’m a daydreaming couch potato and a sucker for the paranormal, food, anime and pretty things”
Yay! United in our love for Dragons.
thank you for nominating me! 🙂
Awesome! Congrats on the award.
Given how much I love to ride my bike, I wish I lived in a place like the Netherlands.
That place looks gorgeous!
And I’m going to check out some of those recommendations, thanks!
congratulations!!! i always love hearing about what bloggers interest you, as well as about you as a person. hooray!
Likewise, Rebekah! I’ve found the blogging community to be a really nice group of people!