As I was mentioning to a gaming friend just now, I’m making a new article about upcoming laid back gaming. This will be the third one I publish and I’m pleased to say the list is getting longer and longer.
One that will surely be on the list is this one: Summer in Mara! The game isn’t expected until the summer of 2019 and even the trailer you see below is still in the pré-alpha stage. So a long way to go, but this kind of game is what we love here at LadiesGamers.com.
Chibig, a Spanish developer, is making this simulation. You’re Koa and you’ll have to take care of your own island, farming the land and crafting new tools in order to survive. You can also sail away with your boat to new islands, meet unique characters and find sunken treasures. But the ocean called Koa, it wants Koa to fulfill her destiny and when it calls, you’ll have to answer.
Summer in Mara is a single-player adventure, with an easy-RPG system and exploration elements. Think of it as the spirit of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and the farm from Stardew Valley, with the visual aspect of Studio Ghibli’s films. Sounds like a good combination to me.
The features from the dev’s website
- You’ll have your own tropical island.
- Plant, grow and harvest your own food and manage your island and resources.
- Unravel the mystery of Mara and protect the sea from a evil corporation.
- Sail all over your archipelago and find new islands and treasures.
- Meet over twenty characters and befriend them.
- Help Koa to grow and improve her abilities.
- With an amazing 3D cell shading look and beautiful 2D illustration.
- A game about little details that seeks to constantly surprise the player.