Viewfinder has 46 total achievements or trophies in it. If you are out there looking to 100% this amazing game, you might need some help with a couple of the more challenging of these. Here’s how to get every single achievement in Viewfinder.
If you are looking for our walkthroughs for Viewfinder, you can find them here.
There are a handful of trophies that players can’t complete the story without getting. Here are those eight:
- Welcome Back! Return to the Hub
- I’ve trained for this. Ride the train
- Viewfinder Get the camera
- I’ve had my fill(ter). Complete the picture frame levels in chapter 4
- Under the illusion Complete the illusion levels in chapter 3
- End of the line Ride the train to Chapter 5
- Full shutdown Complete the ending
- Viewfound Complete the game
Challenges for Taking Photos:
There are two achievements that require that players take a certain number of photos.
- Professional Photographer Take 100 Photos
- Amateur Photographer Take 25 Photos
There are collectables in each of the first four chapters of Viewfinder. In the first chapter, players must collect rubber ducks; in Chapter 2, it’s magnets. Chapter 3 has several hidden Mahjong tiles, and then Chapter 4 has all nine planets (Pluto included!). Here’s how to collect all of those items.
Get Your Ducks in a Row
Find all the ducks in Chapter 1. There are four total.
I stuck with it
Find all four of the magnets in Chapter 2.
Picking up all the pieces
Find all the Mahjong tiles in Chapter 3; there are 7.
The first is found in Chapter 3, Level 1.1. Turn around immediately after starting the level to find it right behind you on the table.
I didn’t planets for this to happen.
Find all nine planets in Chapter 4. And don’t anyone say that Pluto isn’t a planet!
Hashtag all filters
Collect all the camera filters. This has to be done in one save file.
- ASCII Two Color – Find all magnets in Chapter 2
- ASCII Outline – Find all planets in Chapter 4
- Blueprint – Complete Chapter 4
- Code – Unlock all other filters
- Compressed – Finish Viewfinder
- Cold – Finish Chapter 2, Level 4.1
- Colour Shift – Find all ducks in Chapter
- Dithered – Find all Mahjong tiles in Chapter 3
- Greyscale – Default filter
- Negative – Take 25 photos
- Night Vision – Complete all illusion levels in Chapter 3
- Noir – Find all collectables in all four chapters.
- Painting – Complete Chapter 4, Level 3.1
- Photocopied – Complete Chapter 4 Level 5.1
- Rainbow – Complete Chapter 4 Level 4.1
- Sepia – Have an army of 8 Dustins
- Sketched – Complete Chapter 4, Level 8.1
- Two Bit Dither – Use the Tomodatchi in Chapter 2, Level 2.3, until the flower is completely grown up and has summoned a bee.
- Unfocused – Complete a level in 10 seconds
- Warm – Complete Chapter 1 Level 4.1
- Watermelon – Complete Chapter 4, Level 9.1
Do Something Weird Achievements:
There are a handful of achievements in Viewfinder that just require you to do something in any level.
- Battered by a Battery Drop a battery onto your head.
- No Way Out! Break the only teleporter, oops!
- No copycaits! Try duplicating Cait; try taking a photo of Cait. He won’t show up in any of the photos.
- Caught in the Act! Place a photo while falling and land on it.
- Pet the Cait Pet Cait. Walk up to that round cat boy, and give him a pat!
- Bye, bye, Battery! Drop a battery off the level.
- I didn’t realise they were optional Complete all the optional challenge levels.
- Time traveller Rewind for at least 2 minutes without interruption.
- Impeccable timing Complete a timed level with only a fraction of a second to spare.
- Speed Demon Beat a level in less than 10 seconds! The best level for this is Chapter 3, Level 2.2, in my opinion.
Achievements that Require a Certain Level in Viewfinder
Complete the third level without touching the battery. In Chapter 1, Level 1.3, players need to put the second photo, one of the tables and chairs and palm trees, upside down over the charging plate. This will allow the battery to fall onto the plate without you touching it.
Place the recursive photo 15 times. In Chapter 1, Level 2.3, players will find this recursive photo.
Everything in its right place
Put the three paintings where they belong. This has to be done in Chapter 1, Level 3.1.
Put down both playing cards. These cards can be found in Chapter 2, Level 1.3. Look at the table near the three screens.
I bee-t the game!
Grow the flower to attract a bee. This is in Chapter 2, Level 2.3. First, pick up the Tomodachi game, then place it.
Next, alternately hit the music, water, and sunlight buttons until the flower grows up.
Once the flower is fully grown, just do the cycle of buttons again, and the bee should show up. This the bee you need to finish this achievement.
Fool me twice
Get tricked twice in Chapter 2, Level 2.1. First, let the battery fall into the hole, then place the photo with the battery over the hole. Then, line up the battery photo and break the battery sitting over the hole.
Battery of Batteries
Make the maximum possible number of batteries in the first camera level, which is Chapter 3, Level 1.1.
Break the cartoon rope bridge in Chapter 3, Level 2.2. Build a bridge over to the room with the ringing phone in it, then build a bridge up to the roof of that building. On top of the roof is a living room setup; there is a photo on the TV.
Pick it up, place it, then take a photo and use the new photo to cut the bridge in half.
Make an army of Dustins. There are two levels players can do this in, but I think it is easier in Chapter 3, Level 2.3. When starting the level, head forward past the stairs going up and take the stairs going down. There is a Dustin that you can take photos of and keep replicating until you have a whole army of Dustins.
Dustin? More like Dust-off!
Drop Dustin off the level. Pick up Dustin in Chapter 3, Level 2.3 and toss him off into the void.
Slice a Dustin with a photo in either Chapter 3, Level 2.3 or. Just cut that little robot in half!
Hitching a ride
In order to ride a balloon challenge, players will need to pick up the Happy Birthday card off of the corkboard in the office of Chapter 3, Level 3.2.
Place it on the floor under your feet, then stand on one of the balloons.
To reach new heights!
Get the jump power-up in Chapter 3, Level 2.5.
Pick up the one to the left side of the table; it looks like a jumping level with a white box in the centre. This is the jump power-up. Walk through the white box to pick it up.
Get multiple jump powerups in Chapter 3, Level 2.5. Do the same thing as above, but take some photos of the jump boost the copy it. Be wary, though; with enough of these jumping boosts, you can crash into the top of the skybox!
That’s something I can get behind!
Get behind the waterfall in Chapter 3, Level 5.3. Up above the teleporter is a little sitting room. There is a photo on the table there; pick it up.
Place the photo so it is basically underneath your feet, then fall into it. Look for the waterfall’s base, then walk into it for a wonderful surprise.
Liberate the Dustins!
Also, in Chapter 3, Level 5.3, you can release all the blueprint Dustins. Pick up the blueprints and place them to release the three blueprint Dustins!
Make a choir of screaming people in Chapter 4, Level 6.2.
Carve the melon in Chapter 4, Level 9.1 more than once.
Green is not a creative colour
Draw using the green pencil. In Chapter 4, Level 6.6, look for a photo of an old-school computer desktop. After placing it, choose the color green and draw a picture on the MSPaint-looking window.
Go for a walk in the Barcode Forest in Chapter 5, Level 1.2. There is a barcode on one of the tables; pick it up, place it, and then walk around inside it.
Break the windmill inside the painting in Chapter 5, Level 2.3. There is a painting to the right of the starting spot, down the stairs, next to the photocopier. Use a photo to break the windmill.