February is almost over already. Isn’t it strange how time seems to flow quicker once you get older? That’s what my husband remarked on when he turned 50 this week. Now I don’t know if it works the same in your country, but in the Netherlands turning 50 is a special moment. I guess it finds its origin in the bible, as it’s associated with seeing Abraham (for the man) or Sarah (for the woman). Anyway, images are made in their likeness and a lot of teasing is involved about old age, turning grey and losing youth. For us it meant taking a day off from work, treating ourselves to a cup of coffee with a yummy Chocolade Bol in Den Bosch (it’s chocolate covered puff pastry filled with whipped cream, the city of Den Bosch is famous for it) and going out to dinner at night. The diet can go overboard for a day!
I’ve brought a chocolade bol for you too, would you like one with your coffee or tea?
- Anyway, today is an important day for Pokémon fans: The original Blue, Red and Yellow are downloadable in the eShop and there’s a special Nintendo Direct today dedicated to Pokémon news to kick off the celebrations for their 20th anniversary. The Direct was aired this afternoon, telling us what had already leaked before: Pokémon Sun and Moon will be released late 2016. The Direct was a bit underwhelming, only 2 minutes long. But for me, it showed the fun of Pokémon over the years, enjoyed best with your friends, to perfection. You can check it out here:
- Bravely Second releases today in the European eShop, and if you’ve played the demo you’ll have till March 10 to buy Bravely Second at a reduction of 10%. Nice gesture on Square Enix’s part, I think! Plus you can move your experience over too of course, which is an extra bonus. Have you already picked up the game? It’s getting rave reviews all over, so I guess it’s well worth the money!
- Finally, finally! Yokai Watch will be released in Europe, that took them long enough, right? It’s been ages since the game has been out in America and Australia, and now the European fans will finally be able to play the game on April 29. This will hopefully mean that all toys and medals will appear in shops too!
- When I’m on the lookout for gaming news all week, news for Nintendo is easy enough. There are numerous websites and fan blogs that will tell us all there is to know, but somehow I’ve had a harder time finding news for the PS Vita. The big websites that specialise in Sony news always have a lot to tell about the PS4, but hardly anything about the Vita. It was a pleasant surprise to find The Vita Lounge through one of my readers, and on there I’ve found something even better: the Vita Lounge Magazine! You can download it to read the latest news, and if you decide to sponsor them, you can even get a printed copy delivered to your door.
- A little app that caught my eye in the iOS store is Cinemoji. Now we all know the emoji’s that can spice up your messages to friends and family. But now they’ve found a new use for them: using them to describe a movie, video game or tv-show for a friend and having them guess the title. I’ve downloaded it, I think it will be fun to play with my daughter. Look at the example given, nothing deep or robust, but I think a nice way to play with friends and family.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend, and uhhh, did you like the Chocolade Bol?